Terms and Conditions of Membership and Use
of Showa Trade Internet Auction System.
The following terms and conditions are non negotiable and
outline rights and obligations relating to the use of the
Show Trade Internet Auction System.
1. Showa Trade Undertakes to:
- Provide 24 hours access to trade only Japanese
vehicle auctions (excluding where maintenance or
emergencies require the system to be temporarily shut down).
- Provide facilities to place internet bids
for vehicles at these auctions.
- Check bids at our office in order to minimize
issues arising due to discrepancies between the auction
sheet and the vehicle and to identify any other issues that
could impact on a bid. Please note that should such issues
arise we reserve the right to cancel a bid.
- Provide full details of payment requirements
(including car cost and Agency fee) via faxed invoice.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information.
- Promptly arrange for all transportation
and export procedures from Japan.
2. Right of Participation:
- The right to be a Member of the internet
auction system, and the right to bid and make purchases,
is totally at the discretion of Showa Trade.
- It is granted only to those customers who
have accepted and adhered to these terms and conditions.
- Membership will be subject to a three monthly
- Upon review Show Trade has the right to
cancel membership if:
- Any aspect of the terms and conditions
has been violated
- Business being undertaken is not of an
- Business practices come into question
- Please Note: Should cancellation of membership
occur you will be responsible for any outstanding debts
incurred prior to cancellation.
3. ID and Password Obligations:
- You are responsible for the security and
management of your ID and Password.
- You are the only authorized user of this
information and will be liable for any loss of the information,
use by unauthorized persons, unauthorized orders or any
fraudulent use of the information.
4. Copyright of Data:
- The auction data provided on the site remains
the property of the associated auction house.
- It is prohibited to copy or make secondhand
use of the data.
5. Use of Information:
- The auction data is provided for the sole
purpose of purchasing vehicles through Show Trade and is
not to be used for your own reference purposes.
- If it becomes evident that the data is not
being used to purchase vehicles through Showa Trade membership
will be cancelled.
6. Bidding Obligations:
You are responsible for:
- Bidding at the correct auction and on the
- Placing the bid in advance of the auction.
No responsibility will be taken for late bids.
- Checking all vehicle details carefully
before you bid.
- Acknowledging that Clicking on the “Register
Your Bid” button represents an intention to purchase
the vehicle for the price submitted.
- Providing Showa Trade with detailed information
(via fax, phone or e-mail) of any special requests or instructions
in regards to a bid.
All the data on the Showa Trade International Auction System come from each
auction house. The data might be rarely ambiguous or misread by the Showa
Trade International Auction System. In this case the data in the Showa
Trade International auction System could be different from the conditions as
they are. Therefore, we would like you to
1). Check the vehicle carefully and make a bid; and
2). Ask us in order you should not judge the vehicle by yourselves when you have a question.
Without the process of 1. and 2., we might not accept your claims in case
you win the bidding for the wrong vehicle.
7. Over Bid Allowance:
To prevent the loss of a sale by a small margin
we reserve the right to increase your bid by up to JPY 20,000
if we feel this will secure the sale.
8. Settlement and Payment:
- Settlement is only made when payment for
the cost of the car and the agency fee have been received.
- All payments will be sent to Show Trade's
bank account by TT in Japanese Yen.
- Payment must be received by our bank no
later than 7 days after a successful bid. Please note: It
is the purchaser's responsibility to make allowances for
the particular time delays relating to their country's banking
Fees include the actual cost of the car at
auction and an agency fee based on car value plus any additional
costs for large vehicles and containerization services.
Structure for full details.
Please make payment direct to
our Bank account as follows:
THE BANK OF TOKYO-MITSUBISHI UFJ, LTD. MITA BRANCH A/C No. 176714
No. 33-7 5-chome Shiba Minato-ku
Tokyo Japan 03-3453-3371
SWIFT CODE: BOTKJPJT
A/C Name: Showa Trade CO., LTD
10. Cancellation of Purchases:
- Cancellations must be received no later
than 6pm (Japan time) of the following day after a purchase.
- You will be responsible for all costs relating
to the cost of the cancellation including the re-auction
11. Claims and Reparations:
- All claims in respect to any vehicles purchased
will be handled on a case by case basis.
- Claims must be in writing no later than 2 weeks after the receipt of the vehicle.
- No claims can be accepted for the vehicle whose price is up to JPY150,000.
12. Revisions to Terms and Conditions:
Showa Trade reserves the right to revise the
terms and conditions at any time. You will be notified of
13. Suspension of the service:
Showa Trade have the right to suspend the internet auction service in the following cases:
- 1) whenever maintenance of the computer system to be required or occurrence of system trouble
- 2) act of God, act of War, Riots and civil commotions etc.
14. Immunity from Responsibility:
Showa Trade's internet auction members should prepare their computer system with their costs and responsibility for use of the service. Showa Trade shall not be responsible for any damage to the members' computer system and/or software by using the service.